WABCO: The leading global supplier of commercial vehicle technologies
WABCO is a leading global supplier of technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. Founded over 140 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough mechanical, mechatronic and electronic technologies for braking, stability and transmission automation systems supplied to the world’s leading commercial truck, bus and trailer manufacturers.
With 10,657 employees in 31 countries and sales of $2.5 billion in 2012, WABCO has evolved its unique culture of innovation and diversity to meet customer needs across the world by leveraging local talents and knowledge into a global environment of collaboration.
WABCO’s track record of technology leadership features many of the commercial vehicle industry’s most important innovations:
- 2012 – First electronic braking system (EBS) for hybrid-driven trucks and buses
- 2012 – First hydraulic anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic stability control (ESC)
- 2011 – First Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) on a commercial vehicle in China
- 2010 – First autonomous emergency braking system (AEBS) in compliance with the European Union’s expected regulation
- 2009 – First simulation system for electronic stability control (ESC) homologation
- 2008 – First autonomous emergency braking system (AEBS)
- 2007 – First collision mitigation system (CMS) with active braking
- 2001 – First electronic stability control (ESC) system
- 1996 – First electronic braking system (EBS)
- 1986 – First automated manual transmission (AMT) system
- 1986 – First electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) system
- 1981 – First anti-lock braking system (ABS)