Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Increased vehicle safety with ESC
WABCO ESC increases vehicle safety by automatically intervening when the vehicle becomes unstable. WABCO ESC improves directional stability, especially during dynamic maneuvers, increasing protection against skidding, spinning and jackknifing.
Among the most common causes of cargo damage is vehicle rollover. This is why WABCO introduced Integrated Roll Stability Control (RSC). Our RSC system automatically intervenes to actively control the engine and brakes to reduce speed when the vehicle becomes unstable to help avoid rollover.
WABCO also offers customers the option to extend ESC to ESCsmart™ - the WABCO solution for delivering fast vehicle validation and high End-of-line efficiency.
- Automatically intervenes in situations where vehicle stability enters a critical phase
- Intervenes for both drivetrain and brake systems
- Provides rollover protection on high friction road conditions and yaw control on low friction road conditions
- Improves direction stability, especially during dynamic maneuvers
- Press Release: WABCO Announces Agreement with IVECO to Supply Anti-Lock Braking Systems with Breakthrough Technology to Certify Electronic Stability Control
- Press Release: WABCO Welcomes EU Mandate for Compulsory Electronic Stability Control on Commercial Vehicles Starting in 2011
- Press Release: WABCO Obtains Approval in EU for ESCsmart, a Breakthrough Technology and Industry’s Most Efficient Method to Certify Electronic Stability Control for Trucks and Buses