WABCO Debuts Technology Showcase Trailer at MATS 2017; Launches U.S. Road Show in April 2017
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky, USA – March 23, 2017 – WABCO (NYSE: WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, will exhibit its Technology Showcase Trailer for the first time at the 2017 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS). The trade show will take place from March 23-25 in Louisville, Kentucky (USA).
The Technology Showcase Trailer highlights WABCO innovations through hands-on, interactive displays and demonstrations of industry-leading safety and efficiency technologies, as well as comprehensive wheel-end solutions, including:
- Air Disc Brakes (ADB): WABCO MAXXUSTM heavy-duty ADB for trucks and MAXX22TTM ADB for trailers deliver high-performance braking power fueled by its industry-leading single-piston design. With 25 percent fewer parts, WABCO ADB feature superior reliability, faster serviceability and expanded service intervals of up to twice that of traditional drum brakes. In addition, WABCO MAXXUS ADB reduces stopping distances up to 10 percent compared to today’s average drum brakes. MAXX22T is the unique ADB system for trailer applications in North America. The system combines WABCO’s leading braking technologies with Hendrickson’s INTRAAX and VANTRAAX integrated suspension systems. WABCO’s MAXX22T contributes to WABCO and Hendrickson’s system offering overall weight reduction of up to 100 lbs. on tandem axle trailers, thereby helping to improve vehicle fuel efficiency and enable an increase in transport payload.
- WABCO OptiFlow™ AutoTail: The first aerodynamic tail in the U.S. to feature automatic deployment and retraction, WABCO’s OptiFlow AutoTail delivers fuel savings of up to 4.3 percent at highway speeds. WABCO’s OptiFlow AutoTail deploys and retracts tail panels based on driving speed as determined by sensors linked to WABCO’s Trailer Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS). The device automatically deploys at vehicle speeds of 45 mph ensuring it is consistently used at speeds that maximize aerodynamic fuel savings. The tail panels automatically retract at a vehicle speed of 10 mph.
- TRISTOPTM D Brake Chambers: WABCO’s innovative brake chambers for air disc and drum brakes feature an Internal Breathing Valve (IBV). This technology allows only clean, dry air from the braking system to enter the braking chamber, protecting against contamination and corrosion and thereby improving vehicle uptime and reducing service costs.
- Integrated Vehicle Tire Monitoring (IVTM) System: WABCO’s IVTM system continuously monitors and displays tire pressure data, enabling commercial vehicle operators to maintain optimal tire pressure. This helps extend tire life, improves safety and reduces downtime. In addition, optimizing tire pressure helps avoid under-inflation, a major contributor to increased fuel consumption. Leveraging telematics, tire pressure data is shared with fleet managers and dispatchers, helping to optimize scheduled maintenance.
- WABCO EasyFitTM Automatic Slack Adjuster: WABCO EasyFit is a maintenance-free brake adjuster with clearance sensing, the most efficient adjustment design. Simple and quick to install, it maintains a constant clearance between brake lining and drum even under extreme temperature conditions and features best-in-class corrosion protection. WABCO EasyFit significantly reduces service costs as it eliminates the need for quarterly brake service.
Visitors to the Technology Showcase Trailer will also have access to an advanced digital display featuring WABCO’s complete product portfolio available in North America and worldwide.
“We are excited to debut WABCO’s Technology Showcase Trailer here at MATS 2017, and to embark on a hands-on exploration of WABCO innovations with commercial vehicle manufacturers and fleet operators alike from across the United States,” said Jon Morrison, WABCO President, Americas. “As the road show crisscrosses the U.S., we’ll further differentiate how WABCO leads the industry in technology that helps make commercial vehicles safer and more efficient.”
Technology Showcase Trailer
Following MATS 2017, WABCO’s Technology Showcase Trailer will travel across the United States over the course of the next eight months. Staffed by WABCO product experts and industry veterans, the trailer will visit dealerships and commercial vehicle fleet operators in cities throughout the nation. The first leg of the tour runs through May and currently includes the following sites:
For more information or to schedule WABCO technology demonstrations, contact Carlos Francisco at carlos.francisco@. wabco-auto.com
WABCO at MATS 2017
Visit WABCO booth 34340 in the South Wing, Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville, Kentucky, from March 23-25, 2017.
Press Photo / Caption: WABCO debuts its new Technology Showcase Trailer at MATS 2017 featuring industry-leading safety technologies and comprehensive wheel-end solutions. The trailer will embark on a U.S. road show starting in April.
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is a leading global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. Founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, braking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics. Partnering with the transportation industry as it maps a route toward autonomous driving, WABCO also uniquely connects trucks, trailers, cargo, drivers, business partners and fleet operators through advanced fleet management systems and mobile solutions. WABCO reported sales of $2.8 billion in 2016. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, WABCO has 13,000 employees in 40 countries. For more information, visit www.wabco-auto.com.
WABCO media contact
Dick Pacini, +1 248 770 6446, dpacini@ millerschingroup.com