Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
The WABCO Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) helps prevent a vehicle’s wheels from locking in the case of excessive actuation of service braking system, especially on slippery roads. ABS helps the driver to keep control of the vehicle during emergency maneuvers and optimizes the stopping distance compared to blocking wheels.
- Helps to extend tire life by up to 10%
- Optimizes control of the trailer during emergency maneuvers
- Helps to avoid trailer slipping and jackknifing during braking
- Maximizes the effectiveness of the brakes on all types of roads and during all weather conditions
- Automatically releases locked trailer brakes and keeps the trailer safely following the truck during hard stops
- Slows down the vehicle without slipping as far as possible within physical limits