Vehicle Electronic Architecture (VEA)
Reduction of complexity in spite of rising demands
Increasing safety, comfort and environment related demands on commercial vehicles exposed the limitations of conventional electronic wiring systems. This new system architecture delivers intelligent modules communicating via CAN BUS downsizing the wiring system and increasing their productive efficiency.
Several modules share the control about different components and communicate in one single computer language. This concept is more flexible, efficient and significantly reliable.
Furthermore it opens up possibilities to embed more and more complex and intelligent interacting functionalities.
- A standard controller for engine, gear box and retarder reduces related costs
- Vehicle adaptation within CVM system
- Immobilizer integrated, antenna cable length up to 12ft
- Platform for ADAS / ACC integration
- Software upgrades can be performed in the field, reducing downtime
- One central ECU
- Gateway between 5 CAN data buses
- Dynamic longitudinal control including integration of related functions (e.g. CC, Retarder Management, ADAS, Immobilizer)
- Heavy, medium and light duty truck
- Bus, city-bus, coach