Autonomous emergency braking on moving and stopped vehicles
Rear-end collisions are among the most frequent types of accidents experience by commercial vehicles. The breakthrough technology in WABCO’s OnGuardMAX™ is the industry’s first system for autonomous emergency braking (AEB) in imminent collision situations with moving and stopped vehicles.
The innovative OnGuardMAX helps to reduce risks of colliding with moving or stopped vehicles by providing a multilevel warning concept and automatically actuating autonomous braking.
The system includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.
- Fully autonomous emergency braking
- Included ACC functionality helps save on fuel consumption
- Forward Collision Warning 'always on’
- Combination of distance sensor and a front camera allows the system to sense both moving and stationery vehicles in front of the truck
- Fully engages emergency brake when confronted with moving or stationary vehicles