Active Braking Makes the Difference
OnGuard™ was the first commercial vehicle Collision Safety System with Active Braking. This innovative system can automatically maintain a safe following distance and helps avoid or reduce the impact of rear-end collisions by braking as needed.
The OnGuard system can activate the brakes - even before driver demand - when it detects unsafe distances between the truck and surrounding vehicle traffic, reducing the time to achieve proper braking pressure. Those extra moments can help prevent a collision or greatly reduce its impact.
OnGuard is so smart, it sees around curves. Its radar sensor technology uses an internal yaw rate sensor to detect that the host vehicle is driving in a curve and therefore adjusts its prediction of the host vehicle's travelling path to make objects relevant also driving a curve.
Contact Meritor WABCO for more information.
- Collision mitigation system with autonomous partial braking (approximately 30-50%) in an imminent collision situation
- ACC functionality helps save fuel
- Forward Collision Warning 'always on’
- Brakes when confronted by both moving and decelerating vehicles
- Reduces crash energy
- Distance Warning, Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation available