Environmental, Workplace and Supplier Standards
Practical steps to environmental protection
Protecting the environment is an integral part of WABCO’s vision.
Indeed, nothing could be more pertinent to our strategy of excellence in execution than the improvement of environmental performance by:
- Using permitted materials only
- Conserving energy
- Reducing waste
To support this commitment, all WABCO's manufacturing plants are certified according to the latest version of ISO 14001.
Suppliers that share our standards
We demand high standards for safety, health and environmental practices from our suppliers. They must ensure excellence in the design, manufacturing, distribution, recycling and disposal of the products they create – in full compliance with legislation and regulations in force in the countries where their products are delivered.
In particular, WABCO suppliers must comply with:
- ISO 14001
- WABCO’s environmental policy
- WABCO JED Standards to avoid hazardous substances (JED-762)
All WABCO's manufacturing plants are certified according to the latest version of ISO 14001"
Health and safety
At WABCO, the prevention of accidents is at the heart of what we do in the commercial vehicle industry. That's also why "working safely" is a condition of employment. We lead by example and work hard to nurture a culture of mutual responsibility towards health and safety among colleagues, customers and business partners.
WABCO has a policy for health and safety which we expect our suppliers to adhere to as rigorously as we do.
- Strict compliance with all laws, rules and regulations determined by local, state, province or federal jurisdictions.
- The moral obligation to report all health and safety risks. This includes child labor and other exploitative activities.
- Treating all incidents regarding safety, health, assets and property damage as a process deficiency that can be avoided if the Six Sigma Lean principles are adhered to.
- Investigating all accidents by formal procedure. In the case of an accident involving WABCO employees at a supplier site, the supplier must take full responsibility for the care and needs of the affected employees.
- Clearly and honestly communicating health and safety policies and processes to all employees.
- Delivering goods and services in a safe, ergonomic and healthy way – obeying all warning signs and plant visitor rules, and providing adequate personal protection equipment.
- Following the principles and implementation requirements of OHSAS 18001 – including full commitment to the prevention of injury and ill health.
- Protecting the supply chain and everyone in it by making sure that their suppliers also meet all WABCO's health and safety requirements.
Our Aftermarket Services
A World of Solutions.
WABCO supports commercial vehicles over their lifetime on the road. We endeavor to help fleet owners and vehicle operators to enhance safety and maintain operating efficiency – in whatever weather or operating environment.
WABCO's comprehensive range of aftermarket services includes:
- A global network of service partners
- Diagnostics solutions
- Advanced fleet management services
- Remanufacturing solutions
- Technical and business training