Data Privacy Statement regarding WABCO Executive Recruitment
WABCO appreciates your interest in employment opportunities with us.
Processing of your personal data for the interest of WABCO Executive Recruitment is operated by:
WABCO Europe BVBA
Chaussée de la Hulpe, 166
as a data processor for the respective WABCO company you are exploring future career opportunities with (hereinafter referred to as “WABCO EUROPE BVBA”).
The responsible data controller for your personal data is the WABCO Company for the opening you are interested in (“EMPLOYING WABCO COMPANY”)
This data privacy statement regarding WABCO Executive Recruitment describes how your personal data is stored and processed for the purpose of your consideration for the opportunity application, open position filling and hiring.
Purposes of Processing
- The personal data you provide us with are collected, processed and used by WABCO EUROPE BVBA as a data processor for the respective EMPLOYING WABCO COMPANY, solely for purposes of handling the consideration of and your interest in the open position filling process. WABCO EUROPE BVBA stores and processes your data in a confidential manner according to the applicable data privacy provisions.
- At WABCO EUROPE BVBA and its affiliated companies, opportunities are filled with the cooperation of the responsible Centralized Executive Recruitment Team, the line managers of the departments and their respective Human Resources Business Partners (together referred to as “Hiring Committee”). All members of the Hiring Committee may belong to different companies of the WABCO group. Therefore, your data may be transferred to the EMPLOYING WABCO COMPANY and, where required, to its affiliated WABCO group companies, and more specifically to the Hiring Committee for the respective opening. We warrant that (i.) your data is only transferred to other WABCO companies if such companies have a specific Hiring Committee for the relevant opening, (ii.) access is restricted to personnel within these companies which are particularly involved in the hiring process, and (iii.) your data is not used for any other purpose in these companies as stated here within this data privacy statement.
- The EMPLOYING WABCO COMPANY and the WABCO companies with Hiring Committee for the respective opening is hereinafter referred to as “WABCO GROUP COMPANIES”.
- WABCO EUROPE BVBA takes security measures in order to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or against access of unauthorized persons and unauthorized disclosure. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- Subject to appropriate safeguards being in place between WABCO GROUP COMPANIES, your data may be transferred to WABCO GROUP COMPANIES established outside the European Economic Area (EEA), in particular to the United States of America, the North and South America regions, the Asia-Pacific region or India, e.g. in case the EMPLOYING WABCO COMPANY or the WABCO company with the Hiring Committee is established in any of the above mentioned regions. Transfer of your data to governmental bodies will only be made within the scope of mandatory legal provisions.
In order to process your personal data for the purposes outlined above, we need your consent. You have the right to refuse your consent or to withdraw it at any time by writing an email to email@example.com. However, please note that if you do so we may not be able to process your application.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect your personal data either directly from you or from your profile on professional networks such as LinkedIn. If we contact you regarding an opening and you decide to engage in discussions with us you will be considered as applying for the position and providing us with your profile.
By applying with WABCO GROUP COMPANIES, you make your personal data available to WABCO GROUP COMPANIES, as set out above.
- You are responsible to ensure that these data are accurate and true. You may have the data made available by you updated or deleted at any time. You may exercise your rights of access to, correction of, removal of your personal data, and your right of opposition to the personal data processing, at any time. For this purpose, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may withdraw your application at any time if you are no longer interested in the position. You will then no longer be considered in the further recruitment process for the specific opening and your data will be deleted according to the applicable legal provisions.
- All information relating to your application will be stored and available for the WABCO GROUP COMPANIES for up to 36 months after a job opening has been closed (the “Retention Period”).
Release of the Applicant’s Profile
By providing us with your profile for WABCO Executive Recruitment, you disclose your personal data to the Centralized Executive Recruitment Team of the WABCO GROUP COMPANIES. Upon disclosure:
- employees of the WABCO GROUP COMPANIES’ Centralized Executive Recruitment Team , as set out above, will have access to your data and may contact you to share company latest developments or in order to explore open career opportunities with you.
- your data are used by the Centralized Executive Recruitment Team within the WABCO GROUP COMPANIES for the search for suitable candidates during the Retention Period.
- if an opening suiting your profile becomes available within the WABCO group, the Centralized Executive Recruitment Team may contact you and forward your data to the responsible line managers in the departments during the Retention Period.
- if you do not wish to be contacted from a specific point in time onward, you may have your profile deleted. For this purpose, please send an email to email@example.com. Your profile can then no longer be used to fill openings and your data will be deleted.
If you are hired, then your data will be transmitted to the HR administration systems of the relevant WABCO company in the relevant country. There, your data will be stored and processed as employee data in our HR administration systems. Any further details of this processing will be subject to your employment agreement with the relevant WABCO company.
You have the right to access, rectify and restrict the processing of your personal data, the right to the portability of your personal data and the right to erase your personal data, subject to applicable legal restrictions. To exercise any of these rights or if you have any concern on how we process your personal data, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to confirm your identity prior to being able to respond to your request. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
WABCO appreciates your interest.